Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Nia Belt System: the Science and Craft Behind







Nia belt training will cause you to levitate!
Disclaimer: This statement has been documented but scientific evidence is still forthcoming.

Commentary from Sandy Enke, Certified Nia Instructor

As many of you know, I completed my Nia Brown Belt certification in October. There is so much depth and richness inherent in the Nia Technique; and for those of you who experience the end product--a fun, enriching, joyful movement experience--what's behind the crafting of a Nia class is decades of science and study, and a profound love for the Body's Way. Did you know that you can go through the belt system for personal enrichment, without actually teaching Nia? And there are some who do just that.

There is simply no way to fully encapsulate all that we receive in the week long intensive trainings in a short article. It has often been said that we're peeling away the layers of an onion; one layer at a time. In a nutshell, the Nia White Belt focuses primarily on learning how to become aware in the physical body, and embody the concept of the Joy of Movement. The Nia Blue Belt takes us one step further, and teaches us how not only to be aware, but also to actually be in relationship with our bodies, with others, and with our 4 realms: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. The Nia Brown Belt takes all that we have embodied in the White and Blue Belts and reveals how everything that is experienced as a sensation in the body is an energy experience; and teaches us how to use energy in effortless ways to co-create the Nia experience.

After the Brown Belt I feel as though I have a much larger experience of the world around me. Working with energy has helped me feel more grounded, centered, comfortable in my skin, and aware of my connection with everyone and everything around me. It's a really beautiful sensation--my spirit is soaring! I highly recommend it.

I'll look forward to seeing you in class for our next "energy exchange"!

- - Allison also shares her experience with Nia training in Portland, Oregon, CLICK HERE to read.


Castle Rock Nia Fitness Studio
http://www.niafitnessclasses.com/
Do you have questions about this class? Do you wonder if it is right for you? You are welcome to take a Nia class for free to see if it is right for your fitness routine.

Request a Coupon for a FREE Nia Class or call us at 303-522-4740

Listen to the music and see what Nia is like, watch a Nia video.

1 comment:

  1. Inspiring me to use my blog page for spreading the Joy-full news of Nia....In Health, Julie Wylie Austin, TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.