Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The 13 Principles of Nia (a 13 part series)


Principle #1 of Nia: The Joy of Movement


From Julia - The Joy of Movement is the heart of Nia. When we honor our bodies and move authentically in our own body's way we experience the Joy of Movement.

For myself, I look forward to Nia because it feels wonderful for my body and it brings joy to my spirit. The class leaves me more energized than when I walk in and can improve my attitude if I come to class stressed. I always leave class in a better state than when I arrived. I guess I'm addicted!

From Allison - Take a kid to the beach and no matter how cold the water is - they jump in! Walk a child through a forest and they'll leap up to see if they can touch the low branches. A child finds joy in moving their body. A child isn't reluctant to move in order to get what they want or to have fun. At some point, many of us lost our spontaneous movement; we forgot the "joy of movement."
The founders of Nia, Carlos and Debbie Rosas recognized this loss and created an exercise routine rooted in childhood bliss and activity. The goal of each workout is to experience joy. They believe that if you are having fun and experiencing joy while working out, you'll stick with it. Moving your way towards greater health and more joy is the first of 13 principles of Nia. It sounds like a great way to start to me.

Would you like to try a class for free? Do you have any questions? Please don't hesitate to contact us. Send us an email.

Or call at 303.522.4740

Nia classes in Castle Rock. Serving the south Denver metro area.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post. I've found out plenty of techniques which can be used to relief stress. Read them up at http://www.howtorelievestress.org and give them a try today. It'll do good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.