Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nia Technique: Too Fun for Fitness

I just discovered Nia.

It is a fitness class combining yoga, jazz dance, and martial arts. It was the most fun I've ever had in a class. It wasn't too aerobic and I moved my body in such a way to thoroughly stretch my joints in my shoulders and hips which is where I am usually stiff.

This was the first time I finished an aerobics class and said "That was so much fun!" I usually say, "Well, that was good for me." But with Nia, it really was a blast.

I was very intimidated to go to a "dance" fitness class because I am not coordinated, but I did OK and the instructor stressed that it is important to follow your own body, not try to conform with what others are doing. Nia might be a way for you to lose that last bit of weight. You can watch a video about Nia at Click Here.

Free Nia Workshop

I am going to put together a Nia workshop in Castle Rock so that Castle Rock residents can try the class and we'll see if that is the kind of fitness program that will do well in Castle Rock.

Email me at niacastlerock@gmail.com to let me know you are interested and I will send you an email when the Nia workshop is set up. I hope the workshop will be in February.

A Nia class lasts an hour and there are plenty of breaks to have a drink of water in between. My cardio fitness is low so I was nervous about trying an "aerobic class," but the instructor assured me that the class is appropriate for beginners and advanced Nia students because you work out at your own pace. She was right. The classes I've attended had some women in their 30s, many in their 40s and 50s, and a couple in their 60s.

Click here to watch the Nia video to see if it is something you might like and I'll do my best to offer Nia classes in Castle Rock. Email me at niacastlerock@gmail.com and I'll put you on the email notification list when the Nia workshop or class is available.

The workshop will be held at Castle Rock AIKIDO which is located a few minutes west of I-25 off the Wolfensberger exit.

Hope to share Nia with you,
Allison Frederick

Would you like to try a class for free? Do you have any questions? Please don't hesitate to contact us. Send us an email.

Or call at 303.522.4740

Nia classes in Castle Rock. Serving the south Denver metro area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.